Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Old Rips: May They Rest in Peace

For the digital music rookies. Here's a little primer on the different digital music compression formats out there and how they affect the end product. I've always said that iTunes is great . . . until you play it on your stereo.

On a side note, lately I've been using ATRAC (I know, I know, Sony is the devil, blah blah blah) to encode music for my PSP. I've been very impressed with the sound I get with such strong compression. Again, I wouldn't crank it up to "11" using these small bitrate files, but it's definately helping me get the most out of my Memory Stick (again, I know, Sony, Devil, got it).

(Thanks, Gaƫl!)

2 comments:

Frenchie said...

Amazing, AMAZING blog. I give it three stars, two thumbs up, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Alex said...

Methinks frenchie may be biased . . .