Thursday, March 23, 2006

Always look on the bright side of life

I'm not much of a MMORPG guy for the same reason that I don't get involved with fantasy sports leagues. I know my personality - - I would become completely obsessed and eventually start referring to the game as my precious. But if I do decide to join the fray, I think Roma Victor is the game for me. The game is set in the age of the Roman Empire. I'm drawn to the developer's way of dealing with cheaters. Cheating is a real problem in online games such as HALO and World of Warcraft, with trolls using software exploits and glitches to skirt the rules of the game. Roma Victor doesn't just ban cheaters, it strings them up for all to mock. They don't mess around. You cheat, you get crucified - - literally. The length of the crucifixion varies depending on the seriousness of the transgression. The character pictured to the right was picking on newbies. He'll be hanging out for a while. It's like Beretta use to say . . .

Misbehaving players to be crucified - BoingBoing

4 comments:

ZennMora said...

The right MMORPG can do some serious damage to your free time (and your sleep schedule). WoW is like crack. I've been off it for a month now (thus the nervous twitch).

That crucifixion idea is awesome! I wonder if the punished character can still log in and watch all the people throwing objects/spitting at him.

frenchie said...

What happens when they decide to crucify JESUS117 ? Do you know what kind of religious war this can cause in the virtual world?

Alex said...

Art immitating life?

Jay Pea Are said...

zennmora lives?