Friday, March 31, 2006

Darkness has descended - Part II

I posted a blurb about Coca-Cola BlaK in December, but with its launch date nigh (April 3rd) and new images available, I thought I'd revisit it. Quick catch-up for those just tuning in: Dr. FrankenCola has combined the DNA of Coke and coffee to give us a new hybrid beast known as "BlaK". Their marketing department must have a wonky shift key on its keyboard. The company has a Flash-heavy website complete with a launch countdown for its newest entrant into the crowded novelty beverage market. Its gonna be big, big I tell ya. From their press release:

The effervescence and rich flavor of Coca-Cola BlaK provide the perfect pick-me-up for people looking for new ways to stay refreshed any time of the day or night.
Sounds a little like Coke's target demographic is people looking for their next fix. Hell, maybe I'll be surprised and it'll taste great (or be less filling - only 45 calories per serving). We'll see on Monday.

Coca-Cola BlaK

1 comment:

Jay Pea Are said...

Why do they gotta call it Blak? Why not Coca-Cola African American? What happened to Coca-Cola Latino?