Thursday, April 27, 2006

Honesty Stamps

Ever get the feeling that you spend your whole life repeating yourself? Worse yet, do you spend all day saying you're sorry for god knows what? Dominic Wilcox feels your pain. This artist/designer seems to revel in the irony of using rubber stamps to feign sincerity. He has created a slew of faux heartfelt phrases for your mocking pleasure:

In all my life I've never met anyone as beautiful as you.

All I ask for is one last chance.

I know in the past I've found it difficult to say these words but I LOVE YOU.

I swear on my mother's grave I'll never do that again.

I sincerely apologise for all the trouble I've caused.

What do you mean I'm always too busy?

Double set - 'But I've changed!' and 'It wasn't my fault!'

You'’re right, the key to a strong relationship is communication.

That last one is brilliant! So have yourself a grand old time scandalizing your significant other with these soulful stamps. And remember, nothing says "I love you" like a canned rubber stamp message.

Dominic Wilcox: Honesty Stamps [Via Yanko Design]

2 comments:

frenchie said...

Hey, maybe Jay Pee Are can get a stamp that says "Things like this is why I an not a fan of the French", to use on his next trip to Paris.

Jay Pea Are said...

No, my honesty stamp you say, "The french are number one...for me to go number two on."