Thursday, June 22, 2006

Gather 'round, my brothers.

Seeing as today is the day after the summer solstice, I really should have posted this yesterday. Unfortunately, I was a little busy getting my robes from the cleaners and making sure that all of my amulets where in place. This druid stuff is hard work - - but what are you gonna do? I wasn't able to make my yearly pilgrimage to Stonehenge thanks to our new bundle of joy. I'll be paying for that come next Lughnassah, right?

Since I was going to have to do my chanting and swaying from The Homesteaders command center this year, I needed to make sure that I was perfectly in line with "The Big Ring" (as we in the biz call it). Thankfully, our friends at ThinkGeek had just the tool to help me out of a pickle. With a little calibration, their Stonehenge Watch tells me the precise moment of the summer and winter solstices. Wouldn't want my animal sacrifice to happen before the appointed hour, would I? So get yours today and be the first on your block to celebrate the pagan precursors to Christian holidays.

ThinkGeek :: Stonehenge Watch

3 comments:

frenchie said...

Let the celebrations begin! Now where did I put that eye of Newt...

Alex said...

It's on the shelf, next to the wing of bat.

Jay Pea Are said...

With todays technology I think that we are losing some of the skill and touch that was once necessary in order to do a proper sacrifice. Doing a proper sacrifice was once as much an art as a science. Nowadays anyone can come along with no experience and think that they know how to do everything.