Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The hand that rocks the cradle...

...is the hand that rules the world.

The Zaky Infant Pillow is supposed to give comfort and reassure infants; to mimic the warm touch of a loving parent. All I'm feeling here are the heebie-jeebies. If you've been a dedicated reader here (by the way, hello to both of you) then you know we're wary of anthropomophized objects. It's not that they scare us - - oh, wait, yes it is.

Now, I wouldn't get into bed with a pair of disembodied hands, so you can rest assured that my daughter isn't getting a pair either. I can already see the scenario playing out in my mind: Worried parent wakes in the middle of the night to check on Baby. Baby's mouth covered by Zaky freaky hand. Parent chalks-up hand movement to Baby shifting in sleep. Parent goes back to bed with slight misgivings. Zaky waits for more opportune time to finish deed. Thinks "Master will be pleased".

Zaky Infant Pillow: Child Neglect Accomplice - Gizmodo

3 comments:

he who hold the pickle said...

I can think of other uses. We call it "The Stranger"

Alex said...

Yeah, but you have to supply your own lipstick.

Cathy said...

Wow, that is one product I think I could live without! That is very freaky lol.