Friday, September 29, 2006

A note about comments

It seems that some of our intrepid readers are having trouble commenting thanks to Internet Explorer not playing nicely with our CAPTCHA recently. For those who aren't familiar with the term, CAPTCHA stands for "Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart". How elegant.

CAPTCHAs are used online to prevent computer programs from scouring your site and automatically filling out web forms repeatedly. The scrambled letters and colors make it difficult (though not impossible) for a computer to recognize the required verification word. I turned the option on several months ago because I was beginning to get unwanted comments from solicitors' programs. Initially I was so excited to have any comments that I didn't mind the offers to refinance my house. Then real people started commenting and the automated garbage got annoying.

I've turned the CAPTCHA off temporarily. Once I have an idea how much spam I'm getting hit with, I'll decide if we still need it.

In the mean time, I hope you'll keep the comments coming. We really enjoy hearing from you. Also, we're open to topic suggestions or tips, so drop us a line.

2 comments:

JoeJohnsonSmith said...

Mr. happens,
I really much enjoyed your article on <$ARTICLE_NAME%NOT%FOUND%>. But have you consider locking in the new low i.n.t.e.r.e;s.t rates by refi-nancing your home? It will save yo $$moneys!
www.lowinterestrates.com.de

Anonymous said...

Welcher nГјtzlich topic levitra levitra ohne rezept [url=http//t7-isis.org]levitra bestellen[/url]