This story from the BBC is so odd that I'm just going to go ahead and quote the whole damned thing:
Juliette Piesley, 39, had changed the battery in her electronic key fob but was then unable to start her car. When AA patrolman Kevin Gorman arrived at the scene in Addlestone, Surrey, he found its immobiliser chip was missing.Weren't we just talking about the dangers of RFID. This technology stuff is taking over. Wait, we live for technology. Go, tech, go! I feel so conflicted. No, I don't! Arg.
Ms Piesley said her dog George had eaten something, and realising it was the chip, he put the dog in the front seat and started the car with the key.
Mr Gorman said: "I was glad to get the car started for the member."
They will now have to take George [the dog] with them in the car until things take their natural course.
"It is the first time that I have had to get a dog to help me to start a car."
Dog swallows RFID, starts car - BoingBoing