Wednesday, September 27, 2006

White & Nerdy














Weird Al Yankovic has something to say to his "urban" fans; he's not ridin' dirty, he's white and nerdy. His latest parody, White & Nerdy is done in his rather unique style. I implore you to hit the link below to watch the entire video.

Sort of an odd coincidence that White & Nerdy would come out just as Geek Happens is getting up to speed. The song wouldn't really be all that funny if it weren't so dead on. I'm sitting here laughing at this poor soul when it hits me . . . this is me. Is he watching? Get out of my head, man!

First in my class here at MIT.
Got skills, I'm a champion at D&D.
MC Escher, that's my favorite MC.
Keep your forty, I'll just have Earl Grey tea.

My rims never spin, to the contrary,
You'll find that they're quite stationary.
All of my action figures are cherry.
Stephen Hawking is in my library.
Hey, I'm a winner, alright. It's not like I have a boxed set of Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and The Universe in a Nutshell sitting on my bookshelf between Cosmos by Carl Sagan and Astronomy, A Beginner's Guide to the Universe. I'm not some square. It's actually in between Cosmos and Beers of the World by David Kenning. See, beer, I'm with it.

Weird Al goes on to mention ergonomic keyboards, The Pythons, X-Men, and spending the evening with a roll of bubble wrap (pop, pop). I was feeling it right up to that last bit. Sounds messy. Keep an eye out for cameos from Donny Osmand and Seth Green. That Donny can move.

White & Nerdy video on YouTube [Thanks, frenchie!]

2 comments:

he who holds the pickle said...

All white, all nerd. That's me.

Alex said...

Methinks a posts differentiating "nerd" and "geek" may be in order. Stay tuned.